Saturday 28 April 2018

Huda Beauty // Worth the hype?

Hello darlings

Today's post is one i've waited a little while to write, i've always wanted a Huda Beauty Palette but i couldn't justify spending over £50 on one, even my Urban Decay palettes weren't that much. So when she brought out her mini palettes for £25 i thought why not! I finally get to try one. I also had a 15% off code for Cult beauty so it only came to about £21 so how could i resist, it was fate. I choose the Warm Obsessions palette as i thought it was the perfect mix of colours. It arrived at the beginning of April and i have finally gathered my thoughts on it, i hope you enjoy! 
Packaging: 
When it arrived i did let out a little laugh at the size of it! Its rather small.... but saying that i held it up next to my Anastasia Beverly Hills palette and the pans are the same size, its just that they are closer together so it looks less but its actually the same. Just less packaging which is different. Other than my initial reaction to the size, the packing is lovely, its really cute and sleek. Very compact, good to put in you handbag
Shades:
The shades are warm tones, as you can guess from the name, it being the Warm Obsession palette. Its manly full of mattes and only one shimmer. I do love mattes and i will use at least one matte for my looks, even if its just a base or crease colour but i think it needs another shimmer in there to make it the perfect palette that you can create lots of looks from. I found that i needed to use another palette with it. I like to have one palette that does everything. But saying that the shades that are here are very beautiful! 

The palette doesn't have shade names which is a little disappointing. 

Formula:
In the palette when you stick your brush in they are very powdery and this transfers onto the eye a well (check pic 5) it went all over my face! I wasn't expecting it from a high end palette, my Urban Decay and Anastasia palette don't do that. Even my Makeup Revolution or MUA don't have that much fall out. But saying that once i'd looked past the fall out the shades did blend together beautifully, really beautifully! And they really work with each other. 
Pigment: 
The shades are nicely pigmented, they are not crazy pigmented but they build up really well. The copper shimmer shade is very pigmented! Its my favourite in the whole palette, its very beautiful. 
Conculsion:
Overall i really like this palette and i'm glad i purchased it. I did find the fall out rather annoying and a little disappointing, especially from such a hyped and highly priced palette. But i do really like it and would like to try more from the Huda Beauty range. 

I'd love to know have you tried this palette?

You can purchase it here

<3

*** New Insta*** 

Snapchat: Perfectfixation

4 comments :

  1. Oh that's so annoying about the fallout! I hate when shadows do that because it always ends up messing up my foundation because I do that first. The shades look really beautiful though.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its so annoying, luckily i do my eyes before my base. But if i hadn't it would i have messed up my whole look.

      Delete
  2. I hate fallout for eye shadows, I've had to start doing my eye makeup first which I don't particularly like doing. The shades are all really pretty, I love the copper especially.

    Rachael - geminiexplicit.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete