Saturday 10 March 2018

Trying a new concealer // Estee Lauder Double Wear // Review

Hello darlings.

Today i have a quick fire review for you. I treated myself to this concealer at the beginning of the year. The dark circles under my eyes are getting quite dark that i thought i'd spend a little but more money of a concealer and see if its any better than my other drugstore ones. I believe i bought it on Look Fantastic, i remember they had 15 % or 20% off certain products and this Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer was included. So i saw it as a sign and purchased it there and then! I haven't heard many people talk about this concealer i know a lot of people talk about the foundation, which i need to try! So i thought i'd share my thoughts for anyone looking to purchase this, i hope you enjoy!
Packaging: Its a small glass tube, which is standard concealer packaging. Nothing hugely special but it has a gold handle which i think makes it a little more elegant, this little touches sometimes make all the difference. It contains 7ml of product and has SPF 10 which is brilliant. I think all face products should have some level of SPF in! 

Shade: There are 11 shades available which is a decent selection, i have it in the shade 1W (Light Warm) i normally would go for a more pink toned brightening concealer under my eyes but i decided to try something different. I wanted one that would cover my dark circles not just brighten. 
 Texture: Its really thick and creamy. I find it a little moisturizing but i always wear a moisturizer and eye cream, under my makeup anyway. Its very pigmented, a little goes a long way, so i only use one little swipe under my eyes and it blends are nicely. Its quite a matte finish but i powdered anyway to lock it in place.

Coverage: Its good at covering my dark circles but it does settle into my fine lines as you can see in the imagine below. But brilliant for blemishes and little imperfections i need covering. I use a beauty blender or my fingers to blend out the concealer as i do with all mine.
Longevity: Its lasts all day, i didn't have to retouch at all or powder. But i do have dry skin, have any oily skinned girls tried it? If so please share your thoughts in the comments below!

Would i buy again? Yes i would, i really like this concealer, i don't know if its worth £24.00 but i did really enjoy it so i would be prepared to spend it again. You can buy it here for £24.00

I'd love to know have you tried this concealer?

<3
*** New Insta*** 

Snapchat: Perfectfixation


4 comments :

  1. I have big dark circles and I struggle to find the perfect concealer for me. Would love to try this one xxx
    http://fallingforablog.blogspot.com.es/2018/03/4-outfits-4-lipsticks-spring-is-coming.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, I have been looking for a concealer and I didnt realise Estee Lauder has a concealer. Check out my Estee Lauder post on www.thelincolnshirefarmgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete