Thursday 21 January 2016

The Real Technique Miracle Complexion Sponge

Hello darlings.

Today's post is my thoughts on a new makeup product i bought just before Christmas. It the much loved Real Techniques Sponge, supposedly a dupe for Beauty Blender. 
I've heard great things about the Beauty Blender but i was unsure i wanted to pay £16 for basically a sponge... so as the real Technique sponge 'dupe' was on offer i couldn't resist for about £3 i thought i'd give it ago. 

This is what it claims:

Optimize your beauty routine with the #1 branded makeup sponge*!
This versatile beauty tool was designed with a revolutionary foam technology to evenly blend makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. Use damp for a dewy glow or dry for a full coverage.
  • rounded sides blend large areas of the face with a dabbing motion.
  • precision tip covers blemishes and imperfections.
  • flat edge for contouring around the eyes and nose.
  • ideal for liquid foundation.
For best results, replace your makeup sponge every 1-3 months.
The sponge gives an even finish and blends cream products really nicely. It gives very full coverage which i don't always go for but if you only apply a small amount of foundation it isn't too heavy and can look quite natural. I do this using the flat side of the sponge. I have found that it blends my concealer better than my foundation for some reason. I think that is down to the shape of the sponge. The pointed tip i found really good for blending under eye concealer and hiding my blemishes. I also found it nice for applying powder, especially under my eyes setting my concealer. 

I think the shape of this sponge is really useful and serves many different purposes. The texture is nice, its firm but squidgy and its a nice size. Not too small that it takes ages to apply your makeup but also small enough that it can do under the eyes and target blemishes. I wash mine after every 3-4 uses, i haven't had much trouble washing it, i use either a brush cleanser or baby shampoo as i do with all my makeup brushes. 

As i mentioned i haven't tried the beauty blender so i can't say it is a dupe but i really like mine and get a lot of use out of it. I don't think it will stop me using a flat top makeup brush to apply my foundation but i like it for applying my concealer. Its definitely a multipurpose product so great value for money! I will definitely repurchase it. 


I'd love to know have you tried the Real Technique Sponge? 
Or the beauty Blender? Would you recommend it?

<3
Lets be friends
Snapchat: Perfectfixation 

8 comments :

  1. ooh nice! need to try this one http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently got this, and I love it! I dampen mine, because otherwise it will soak everything up. I much prefer using this to brushes!

    Charlotte ~ http://allthingsmakeupbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't find it soaks everything up for me, i like it both damp and dry :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely review!! I have always wanted to try this! I use my hands to apply my foundation and I am never happy with the results! Thank you for the very useful review x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/5-seo-tips-for-complete-beginners.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've never tried applying my foundation with my hands.

      Delete
  4. I use this sponge and just replace it on a regular basis as it's so much cheaper (you can get them in 2 packs now as well!). I hated it at first but it really grew on me. It's perfect for thinning out a too thick foundation.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete