Saturday 14 November 2015

Disappointing Products #1

Hello darlings.

Today's post is a disappointing products post, it really sucks when you get a product and as much as you want to like it you just don't. Most of these products i haven't liked are ones that i've liked other ones from the range and brand but this particular one i didn't like, it was either not what i expected or didn't work for my skin type.What doesn't work/what i don't like might not be the case for you.
I hope you enjoy :)

Maybelline Lipstick in 'Mauve Mania'. I love Maybelline lipsticks but this range's scent i don't like, the way a products smells is very important to me and i just didn't like it, it is a very strong berry scent that i could still smell on the lips for a long time after. I know lots of people really like it just wasn't for me. Its a shame as i really love the colour! 

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Eternal Gold'. Again similar to the Maybelline lipstick, i love the colour Tattoos they are amazing and easy to use, my personal favourite is Permanent Taupe'. I found that Eternal Gold isn't as nice of a formula, its patchy when i apply it and its not as creamy, it just wasn't as good as the other ones i've tried. 

Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in 'Petal'. I haven't tried many products from sleek, i have a couple of blushes and their contour kit, which i really love however i found this matte cream VERY drying and uncomfortable, it is long lasting but when it fades it turns into a weird line around your lips that looks bad. I really wanted to love it as i love matte lip products but sadly this one is not for me.

MUA Matte Palette Ever After. I was so looking forward to using this palette when i bought it a couple years ago, mattes similar to lips products are my favourite eye-shadows, they are the most natural and best for everyday use for me. But these weren't pigmented, i was really disappointed, a couple of the darker shades on the bottom row are ok but i don't use those very often, i wanted to use the paler one for bases but the top line of the palette is basically unusable. I normally rave about MUA eye shadows as they are good quality but unfortunately these weren't. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer in 'Porcelain'  Lastly this Rimmel concealer, i really wanted to love this, i like the packing, i love the idea of it being a pot and the colour match was great, normally Rimmel Foundations and Concealer are too dark but since they introduced 'light porcelain' i have a perfect shade. The problem with this concealer for me was its too dry, its clings to my fine lines, you can't use it on blemishes (i have a big problem with acne). The concealer also didn't last long and if you apply too much it was very cakey looking.

I'd love to know have you tried any of these products? 
Did they work for you?
Are there any products that disappointed you?

<3 
Follow me on:
Twitter
Instagram
Youtube
Pinterest 
Snapchat: Perfectfixation 

4 comments :

  1. Great post! I have not found anything good so far from MUA unfortunately x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think MUA can be very hit and miss, i have some real beauties from them but also some meh products!

      Delete
  2. I have one of two Maybelline lipsticks from that range and I absolutely love them and I don't think the smell is that strong.. but maybe there are a few like the one you picked that do have a strong scent :/ what a shame! x

    Lisa's World

    ReplyDelete